COVID-19 SALON SAFETY PLAN & PROCEDURES
Absolute Beauty takes your health and well being seriously.
Absolute Beauty is committed to protecting the health and well-being of all clients of the salon against the risk of contracting COVID-19. You can enjoy all your favorite treatments in the salon whilst being reassured that you and your loved ones are in COVID-safe hands! Our COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed in accordance with the Minimum Standards developed by WorkSafe Tasmania and Public Health to comply with the new Work Health and Safety Regulations from 15 June 2020. In order to protect all our clients (and our community) Absolute Beauty has implemented many new procedures. Most of these will happen in the background with you blissfully unaware but some will require you – our client – to participate in.
How Are We Protecting Your Health?
You will notice the salon has a few new additions since you last visited! These changes are specifically to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 before, during and after your visit. Whilst it does create a reasonable amount of extra work for your therapist and the salon we know your health and that of your family is worth it. Below are just a few of the changes you will notice;
1) Gone are our lovely plush towels and signature throw rugs on all our treatment tables (insert crying emoji here). Instead all treatment tables are now fitted with crisp, white linen. All the linen on the massage tables is now single use only and as such every bit will be stripped off and replaced for every client. Yep – that is every piece of linen including pillow slips, table covers, runners; everything, every time. This ensures you never touch linen another client may have touched – ever!
2) Every treatment room is now fitted with a complete hygiene station. In each treatment room you will find a hand basin (with elbow operated taps), a sanitising station containing hand wash, hand sanitiser and hand cream. Paper towel dispensers to ensure hand towels are not used and foot pedal controlled rubbish bins.
3) All items used during your treatment will be single use and disposable. Where items such as tweezers are not disposable they will be sanitised in between each client in accordance with health regulations (we have always done this anyway!)
4) All treatments will be performed in single use and disposable gloves for every client (Yep – we have always done this anyway!)
5) Instead of getting you to fill in a COVID-19 Declaration form your therapist will verbally complete this with you on arrival to the salon and record your responses. This ensures that multiple clients are not sharing pens/clipboards etc.
6) The reception area (including furniture, EFTPOS Machine and door handles etc will all be cleaned prior to every client arriving.
7) Your treatment room will not only have a complete set of fresh linen for your treatment but will be cleaned prior to your arrival in accordance with our safety plan. This covers all surfaces such as furniture, hygiene station, door handles etc.
8) Where your treatment involves your therapist working over your face (brows etc) your therapist will wear a single use and disposable facial mask and you will be offered the same.
Those are just a few of the ways that staff will be working hard to protect your health. There’s 13 pages of things we need to do but there are also just a few things we need you to do to help us protect your health.
What do you need to do before, during and after visiting Absolute Beauty to protect your health?
We need your help too. In fact, there are some things that are mandatory. In order for us to re-open we have to enforce strict social distancing, hygiene and COVID-19 safe requirements under the Minimum Standards developed by WorkSafe Tasmania and Public Health to comply with the new Work Health and Safety Regulations from 15 June 2020. What does this mean for you as a client of Absolute Beauty?
1) Due to physical distancing requirements we can no longer have any third parties attend your appointment with you. This includes family, children or friends. Only your therapist and yourself will be allowed on premises. The only exceptions to this rule are when a minor is the person having treatment and is accompanied by one (1) adult, or when a person requires a carer in order attend the appointment.
2) The reception door will remain locked at all times to ensure that physical distancing requirements are adhered to and your therapist will welcome you at the door at your scheduled appointment time. Please ensure you use the hand sanitiser at the front entrance before entering the premises.
3) Please arrive on time for your appointment. We are only permitted to have the client we are treating on site and as such if you arrive early you will need to wait outside rather than in the reception. If you arrive late we will need to cut your treatment short as the next client cannot enter the premises until you have left. Due to extra requirements on the salon for room preparation it is imperative you arrive on time as we will need all the allotted time available.
4) In order to reduce the chance of disease spreading public health is recommending limiting of touching surfaces/furniture etc. Please do not handle any products/skincare in the reception. Your therpaist will be happy to assist you with skincare.
5) All clients will be required to complete a COVID-19 Health Checklist prior to each appointment. Your therapist will conduct this immediately prior to your appointment but if you have any current respiratory symptoms (runny nose, cough, sore throat) please contact us to reschedule your appointment. As part of our COVID-19 Safety Plan your temperature will be checked prior to commencement of your appointment. Unfortunately we are not able to proceed with your treatment if you show signs of increased temperature.
6) After enjoying your treatment we ask that all clients use the hygiene station in the treatment room after dressing to wash and sanitise their hands before leaving the treatment room. Make sure you use the hand cream too – We don’t want dry hands!
Most importantly if you cannot meet any of your requirements as a client – please let us know in advance! That way we can work with you to reschedule your appointment to a time that you can visit.
Want more information?
If you have any questions or concerns we are here to help. You can contact us via this website, email us at email@example.com or call or SMS on 0434 314 018. We cannot wait to see you all again and as much as we cant give you all a great big welcome back hug we will be gleefully tapping elbows with each and every one of you!